MANCHESTER TO HONG KONG ROUTE LAUNCH - MANCHESTER TOWN HALL
Working on behalf of The Event Co, Sterling were asked to provide technical production for an event to celebrate the launch of Cathay Pacific’s route between Manchester and Hong Kong. Hosted within the historic Manchester Town Hall, around 150 VIPs, dignitaries, and leading business figures were invited to this special event which culminated in a beautiful catwalk show of some of Cathay’s most iconic cabin crew uniforms from throughout the decade.
Sterling worked closely with Cathay’s technical consultants in Hong Kong designing the stage set and catwalk ensuring that the show dubbed ‘walking on air’ which has been performed all over the world, fitted seamlessly into this extremely unique and stunning venue. The main feature of this set was a 6m x 2.5m LED wall which provided a striking backdrop for the catwalk show as well as being utilised to playback videos throughout the evening. There was also a strong focus on the use of atmospheric lighting to enhance the beautiful architecture of Manchester Town Hall.
Services provided include:
- 6m x 2.5m 3.5mm LED Screen
- 13m wide white stage set including 3D branding
- 10m long T-Shaped catwalk with matt white vinyl top and solid white facia.
- d&b audio system providing flawless coverage across the room.
- Extensive atmospheric lighting system designed to enhance the architecture of the building.
- Seamless catwalk and stage lighting.
- Stage effects lighting system utilising Clay Paky B-Eye K10 moving lights.
- Construction of backstage areas and changing rooms.
- Additional atmospheric lighting system for the staircase and drinks reception utilising wireless LED up lighters.
- Full project management including CAD drawing, production of 3D visuals and Health & Safety management.